Our rental policy
In order to create pleasant and attractive housing areas with satisfied tenants, we work according to a rental policy. We have no housing queue or any scoring system. Victoria Park strives for a mixed tenant composition, i.e. older and younger, students, workers, families with children and pensioners. This means that we reserve the right to freely choose among our applicants for vacant apartments. We see every rental as the start of a long lease. To apply for an apartment, you must meet our basic requirements.
Our basic requirements for renting a home
- The applicant(s) must be 18 years of age and personally attend the presentation of the apartment.
- Applicants must have a fixed gross income of at least 2 times the rent. Income before tax is based on work, pension or student funding.
- Housing grants ("bostadsbidrag") can be included as a supplement to income.
- Social security ("försörjningsstöd") or introduction benefits ("etableringsstöd", "etableringsersättning") are not allowed as a supplement to income.
- A guarantor ("borgensman") may be approved in some cases.
- We order a credit report on everyone that submits an application. We do not approve applicants with payment notes or debts.
- Applicants must have good housing references.
- There must be a valid home insurance policy.
- The number of people living in the home must be reasonable in relation to the size of the apartment.
This is how your personal data is handled
You are responsible for ensuring that all information and certificates about you are correct and current. Log in to "My page" if something needs to be updated or changed.
When you become relevant for an apartment, we will check the documents you have submitted to show what income you have. We check your population registration, number of people who will live in the apartment and take credit information before you become relevant for viewing. We will also take references from your current accommodation before you become eligible for a lease.
- Your applicant account will be deleted if you do not log in for six months.
- If you decline 5 apartment tours or do not respond at all to 2 tours in the last six months, your search account will be blocked for six months.
- If you fail to show up without reason for booked apartment tour or do not come to an agreed contract writing, your applicant account is blocked for six months.
- If you have been to several apartment tours during the same year and declined all of the apartments, other applicants may be given priority.
If you submit false certificates
You will be barred from applying for an apartment for twelve months if you submit false certificates. If we have started an investigation into what has gone wrong, you will be blocked until the investigation is complete. We always make a police report if we consider the act to be criminal.
If you are already living with us and want to move to another one of our apartments, we want you to meet the following criteria
- You must have lived with us for at least 12 months.
- You should have paid the rent on time and not disturbed your neighbours.
- You must have an approved income and have no payment notes.
- The inspection of the current apartment must be carried out, and any damage in connection with the inspection must be paid before signing a new lease.
- If you live in an apartment that has not been renovated in a while, you can get priority, primarily in the same city where you live today.